
Blizzard warnings are out and people are stocking up with milk and other essentials and non-essentials. New Englanders remember the Blizzard of '78 and prepare for the worst. The parking lots were jammed as were the aisles in the grocery store. Add to that, the last minute Christmas shoppers and you've got the potential for frayed nerves.
Captain Jim and First Mate Zach, however, kept lines moving and the customers smiling.

5 comments:
We got a few decimetres of new snow overnight. And some serious snow storms in the south of the country. Stay warm.
Glad that you've got some nice people running that store! I'm just glad no snow's coming our way! I was in graduate school in Chicago in 1966 (I think that was the year) when we got 24 inches overnight!
Stay safe and stay warm!
Stock up & bundle up! Did you pick up some chestnuts? We used to bake them in the oven (the woodburning stove at my grandma's in Pula)...Hope everyone is home so you don't have to worry about the travel.
I love the picture of the capt. & his mate! really charming guys. We've got some nice people working at the local TJ's too - one about to open at the Golden Cove Shopping Cntr.
The ironic thing about these storms is that your refrigerator is overflowing and the roads are cleared by noon. Everyone overreacts to storms. Except, I did put out my back shoveling snow and now I can't go to the store so it's a good thing the fridge is full.
Tash, no chestnuts. My parents used to boil them. As for TJs, I love it but can't call it TJs here because the other TJs (TJ Maxx) is headquartered about 2 miles from the Sudbury town line. So, I have to say Trader Joe's and get all tongue tied. As for worrying, my son plans on going sledding at 9 tonight.
Hunker down then.
Merry Christmas.
Post a Comment